A Church, A Ministry Center, A Movement
We are a vibrant local church that is committed to biblical teaching, fellowship, the sacraments, worship, prayer, and loving care for one another. We are also committed to loving our neighbors and caring for our city. We like to think of the wonderful community God has placed us in as our “parish” and we desire to proclaim the good news of Jesus through our words, our lives, and practical acts of service.
Additionally, our pastoral team intentionally and joyfully co-exists and co-labors with a number of local and trans-local para-church ministry partners for the purpose of equipping and training leaders. These strategic relationships help maximize our missional output for the Kingdom, and they form the framework for our ongoing call to be a ministry center.
The Gate is also part of an exciting movement. We are privileged to serve as the primary hub for Messenger Fellowship – a ministry network that covers and convenes leaders here in the USA and internationally. Even more importantly, The Gate, along with believers from around the world, is part of a lasting movement that began when Jesus called his first followers to the world-transforming project of “fishing for people”. And Jesus’ church is still on the move!
This ministry affirms the content of the Apostles’, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds and the Lausanne Covenant statement of faith.
- We worshp one God in Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and Trinity in unity.
- The Bible is the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, and it is the divinely inspired Word of God and our rule for faith and practice.
- Jesus Christ is the Messiah, Savior and Son of God, who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on a cross, was raised from the grave, and will return as our victorious Lord.
- Salvation comes only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and cannot be earned, but is a gift of God.
- Faith in Jesus requires repentance, confession of that faith before witnesses, and obedience to his word.
- Baptism by immersion demonstrates our faith and obedience, and depicts our union with Jesus Christ in his death, burial, and resurrection.
- Everyone who accepts Jesus Christ has the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit who acts as a comforter, guide, and advocate.
- The expression of the Holy Spirit’s charismatic gifts is present and active today.
- God gives ministries to both men and women through the Holy Spirit for the benefit of the body of Christ.
- The church, as the body of Christ, is the extension of Jesus Christ’s character, attitude, behavior, and mission in our world today.
- Prayer is the foundation for all we do, and the regular celebration of communion together is beneficial for all Christians.
The Gate is a company of Jesus-followers who exist to worship God and work with Jesus to transform lives through the Father’s love.
We have a passion to live as a Spirit-led, Word-based community, in which people can know God, develop relationships and fulfill their purpose.
Teaming together to transform more people, social groups, cities and nations by equipping Spirit-led communities and leaders around the world.
- Proclamation of the Gospel of the cross
- Community that reflects the Holy Trinity
- Encountering God’s presence through His Word & His Spirit
- Culture of Christ’s Lordship
- Intimacy with God