This ministry affirms the content of the Apostles’, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds and the Lausanne Covenant statement of faith.
- We worshp one God in Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and Trinity in unity.
- The Bible is the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, and it is the divinely inspired Word of God and our rule for faith and practice.
- Jesus Christ is the Messiah, Savior and Son of God, who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on a cross, was raised from the grave, and will return as our victorious Lord.
- Salvation comes only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and cannot be earned, but is a gift of God.
- Faith in Jesus requires repentance, confession of that faith before witnesses, and obedience to his word.
- Baptism by immersion demonstrates our faith and obedience, and depicts our union with Jesus Christ in his death, burial, and resurrection.
- Everyone who accepts Jesus Christ has the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit who acts as a comforter, guide, and advocate.
- The expression of the Holy Spirit’s charismatic gifts is present and active today.
- God gives ministries to both men and women through the Holy Spirit for the benefit of the body of Christ.
- The church, as the body of Christ, is the extension of Jesus Christ’s character, attitude, behavior, and mission in our world today.
- Prayer is the foundation for all we do, and the regular celebration of communion together is beneficial for all Christians.
The Gate is a company of Jesus-followers who exist to worship God and work with Jesus to transform lives through the Father’s love.
We have a passion to live as a Spirit-led, Word-based community, in which people can know God, develop relationships and fulfill their purpose.
Teaming together to transform more people, social groups, cities and nations by equipping Spirit-led communities and leaders around the world.
Our CORE VALUES are based upon the 8 Beatitudes Jesus taught in the “Sermon on the Mount” found in Matthew chapter 5. Those Kingdom principles could be summed up this way:
We are designed for love. God is love, and real love is learning how to love God’s way: In community
We become whole people when we understand grace, because grace frees us to make repentance a lifestyle.
Our purpose is to know God. Being teachable is the core attitude that keeps us life-long learners.
Our desire to follow Jesus comes from living in God’s Presence, and the key to living in God’s presence is worship.
Our greatest battle is to stay free of offense; to stay spiritually healthy we need to walk in forgiveness.
Applying Scripture is the key to staying motivated to follow Jesus.
The way we preserve our community life is by 1) being together, 2) using our gifts to serve, 3) maintaining the community by tithing
Using the authority we have in Christ to touch others with God’s love is the key to daily fulfillment
- Proclamation of the Gospel of the cross
- Community that reflects the Holy Trinity
- Encountering God’s presence through His Word & His Spirit
- Culture of Christ’s Lordship
- Intimacy with God
We are passionate about:
Worship and Prayer
Passionate worship and a lifestyle of prayer are important priorities when it comes attracting the presence of God. Scripture states that the Father actively seeks two kinds of people: worshipers (Jn. 4:23) and intercessors (Ezek. 22:30).
A passion for Christ should translate into a passion to be like Christ. Our ministries seek to emphasize the priority of helping all who walk with us become like Jesus.
A Theology of Grace
An understanding of grace awakens us to our security in Christ, empowers us by his Spirit, and shapes our church structures. Where grace has shaped a church, reconciliation is easily achieved, and openness and forgiveness are experienced.
The Pursuit of the Holy Spirit’s Gifts
We desire to flow in the gifts of the Spirit in a way that is non-manipulative, is anchored to The Scriptures, and engenders a respect and honor for all the gifts within the body.
Communicating the Good News (Sharing Jesus)
While we value each person discovering their own unique gifts and calling from God, we seek first to instill that every believer’s primary call and ministry is to follow the example of Jesus by sharing the Good News and helping others find freedom in a relationship with God.
Teamwork in Leadership
A teamwork approach to leadership creates an environment in which everyone’s gifts and styles are honored, and people can feel genuine safety.
A Commitment to the Next Generation
The generational gap is one of the most harmful for it goes all the way back to our first parents’ rebellion against the Heavenly Father. Therefore, building bridges between parents and kids (Malachi 4:6), tending to our children and envisioning our youth are some of our top priorities.
The Pursuit of Unity in the City and Beyond
For The Gate, seeking unity means partnering with other churches and ministries to impact our city, building bridges between different church groups, and working towards reconciliation between races, generations, and men and women.
An ‘Apostolic’ Approach to Ministry
To think “apostolically” is to help all believers obey the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). A local church should not only be a nurturing environment, but also be a mobilizer of mission by sending people to distribute food to the poor, equipping people to minister like Jesus in the “marketplace”, or releasing them around the world to plant churches. A church committed to thinking this way will approach ministry holistically, both by impacting the arenas of our culture – business, government, the arts, education, the media – and by seeing all vocations as ministries.
Celebrating God’s Covenantal Promises
Believing that God is a maker and keeper of covenants, we seek to bless the nation of Israel, realizing that God is making Jew and Gentile “one new man in Christ”. In valuing God’s covenants, we expect to touch all the nations of the world, knowing that God is no respecter of persons.
Our Lead Pastor, Steve Fry, is a founding member of Messenger Fellowship, a tribe of church leaders, marketplace leaders, and churches that are committed to the glory of God, seeing reformation in the church and transformation in the nations. As a result, The Gate, as a fellowship, is a Messenger Fellowship church and many leaders among our congregation are also members. Relationally-based and values-driven, Messenger Fellowship convenes leaders for the purpose of worship, hearing from God, building friendships, coaching leaders through relationships and resources, and pointing leaders towards strategic ministry partnering.
Messenger Fellowship distinguishes ten core values:
- The Lordship of Christ
- The Glory of God
- The Local Church
- A Theology of Grace
- Unity in the Midst of Diversity
- Servant Leadership
- The Primacy of Worship and Prayer
- A Relational Community of Leaders
- Commitment to Reformation, Renewal and Revival
- The Completion of the Great Commission
Messenger Fellowship has a passion for being rooted both in the lordship of Jesus Christ and in the power of the Spirit. This group of church and ministry leaders are honoring Godly traditions and staying in step with the Spirit without being carried away by trends. They pursue God’s presence while aligning to God’s ways and embrace unity while celebrating diversity.
For more information and further details about Messenger Fellowship, click here.
Steve & Nancy Fry
Children’s Ministry Director – Nursery thru Kindergarten
Mark & Natalie Munden
Children’s Ministry Director – Elementary
Rick & Christine Sexton
NOTICE REGARDING AUDIO RECORDING, VIDEO RECORDING, AND PHOTOGRAPHY AT OUR SERVICES AND EVENTS
When you enter a worship service / event of The Gate Community Church, you will be entering an area where photography, video and audio recording may occur.
The Gate takes photographs and / or makes audio and / or video recordings of members involved in church related activities. Staff and / or participants may use such photographs or video records to recall activities or participants.
In addition, such photographs and audio / visual recordings may be used in The Gate Community Church’s publications and advertising materials to let others know of our ministry, and / or streaming and website hosting of worship services. In addition, local news organizations may hear of our activities or events and our church may allow them to record our events for news reporting on special interest features.
By entering the service / event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for live streaming, promotional purposes advertising, inclusion on websites, and / or any other purpose by The Gate Community Church.
You release The Gate Community Church, its Pastors, church officers, employees, volunteers, and each and all persons, members or attendees involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing and / or publication of photographs, computer images, video and / or sound recordings.
By entering the service / event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, or other publication of these materials for perpetuity, regardless of the purpose. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by The Gate Community Church or the person or entity designated to do so by The Gate Community Church.
Last updated: May 19, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to The Gate Community Church, 4040 Murfreesboro Rd, Franklin, TN 37067.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Tennessee, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to The Gate Church, accessible from https://www.thegate.cc/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: Cookies: What Do They Do?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session CookiesAdministered by: UsPurpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality CookiesType: Persistent CookiesAdministered by: UsPurpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com